找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

English Sharing - Introduction

ceciliachiu 2012-5-7 13:28:13 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2012-5-7 13:57 编辑

Recently as I am home bound (because of the car accident I had more than half a year ago), a Chinese friend of mine in Launceston asked if I am happy to give English tuition to her son. Her son came to Launceston more than two years ago and had been having a private English class with a local here. This is his final year in high school and he is keen to get an A in ESL English, as he wants to have his university education on the mainland. Having nothing substantial to do these days and being bored alone at home most of the time, I agreed. This boy now comes to my place twice a week to work on his English.

Another Chinese friend of mine (I will name this friend as "N") is recently required to sit for IELTS for her professional qualification and she must score an average band of 7 with no one single section below 6.5 before 2015 in order to continue her practice.  She speaks beautiful English and I am confident she will have little problem.  I volunteered to organise mock IELTS tests for her so that she can familiarise herself with the test format. I also offer these tests to other Launceston Chinese students as preparation for one candidate or more is more or less the same.  So far three mock tests on Academic Reading, Academic Writing and Listening have been organised.  

N initially aimed to sit for IELTS in May or June.  As expected, N's listening was excellent (and I am sure it will be the same for her speaking too) but there are a few hurdles in Academic Writing and Academic Reading to overcome. Her major problems are time management and how to maintain her composure.  There are glitches in her writing too but these should not be fatal. N said she will only sit for IELTS once and now postpones her test date till she feels she is prepared.

As I have time these days and get involved helping fellow Chinese improve their English, I would like to share my knowledge in English in this forum. Hopefully, some of you may find it beneficial. I will keep writing at a regular interval when time permits.

Remarks: Those who do not appreciate what I said please do not waste your time reading my articles and do not leave irresponsible comments.  If you really want to say something, please do not anonymise yourself and write in English.  I find this sort of character scornful. Sorry for being direct. This is me.

大神点评(4)

塔州雅思 2012-5-7 19:33:37 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
Sorry to hear that you have been through such an accident.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ceciliachiu 楼主 2012-5-7 22:59:24 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
塔州雅思 发表于 2012-5-7 19:33
Sorry to hear that you have been through such an accident.

Thanks.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

rock6lei 2012-5-7 23:08:25 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
Your written English is absolutely beautiful and I admire that you have the heart longing to help others.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ceciliachiu 楼主 2012-5-7 23:38:45 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
rock6lei 发表于 2012-5-7 23:08
Your written English is absolutely beautiful and I admire that you have the heart longing to help ot ...

Thanks. I have been fortunate to meet many generous and helpful people and I feel blessed. Compared to the help and support I have received, mine is nothing.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作