找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

Ever wondered what happens to storm affected vehicles?

A.L. 2010-3-18 17:25:23 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
Following the recent wild weather experienced up and down Australia’s east coast, thousands of vehicle owners have found themselves with storm, water and hail damaged vehicles. Ever wondered what happens to them all?

After the insurance process is done and dusted, most of the damaged vehicles are sold at public auction. A high proportion of them are still drivable, can be re-registered, and in some instances, can even be repaired without trace.

ManheimFowles provide ‘catastrophe management’ services to the Australian insurance industry and count many of the country’s top insurers among their customers. As such, ManheimFowles will be holding multiple ‘Public Mega Storm Affected Vehicle Auctions’ to sell thousands of vehicles which have been written off due to storm damage.

The massive auctions offer a great chance for members of the public to pick up a bargain and most vehicles are detailed prior to sale.

Other storm affected vehicles that are not drivable are also sold at auction and their condition is clearly indicated for customers interested in buying these cars.
Auctions will be held at the following locations:
  • Sydney & Melbourne, March 23
  • Brisbane, March 24
  • Melbourne, April 9

If you’d like more information on the cars up for grabs, times and locations of the auctions, visit  www.manheimfowles.com.au

大神点评(6)

vickyinsydney 2010-3-18 17:40:56 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
I have a friend, back in Sydney, who's a mechanic.
He knows cars. so He dare to go to those auctions to pick up a bargain or two.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

vickyinsydney 2010-3-18 17:51:51 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
other than the storm vehicle
there's also ex-government car auction, and damaged car auction, where you can pick up bargains if you know cars well.
:-)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

PGT 2010-4-23 06:59:41 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
There's such auction in Glenorchy as well, though more are used governmental fleet vehicle. Prices are actually quite good, went there with my fren to help her pick a car before.
My fren's car in Melbourne was greatly damaged by the hailstorm - he has the same model as mine, but greatly modified ><
I feel his pain.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

vickyinsydney 2010-4-23 09:29:52 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
回复 4# PGT

oh... poor thing. very sorry to hear about what happened to your friend's car.
my friend told me about the PICKLE auction here just recently.
there was a Boxster about 2 weeks ago in the auction.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

PGT 2010-4-23 10:26:31 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
回复 5# vickyinsydney

Interested in getting one? ::zt2::
Wait til you are more familiar with the Tasmanian road first.. Then it will be fun..
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

vickyinsydney 2010-4-23 11:07:52 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
回复 6# PGT

I need to learn how to drive a Mannual first lah.
besides, your friend is right. Porsche does look a bit ugly with a froglike head.
i am out searching for something cuter but flashy as well.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作