找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

风景 Scotland & England, Day 7

ceciliachiu 2012-10-13 23:37:33 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2012-10-13 23:41 编辑

August 15, 2012

Today we left my friend's place and started heading south back to England. We had a stop at Edinburgh. There were two festivals going on concurrently and people everywhere. We found the city centre two busy and after lunch at a Chinese restaurant, we walked up Arthur's Seat to have a view of the sprawling city.  

Scott Monument, Edinburgh

Sir Walter Scott

Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh
110815014-r.jpg

My niece is a city kid, who lacks exercise.  Being autistic, her balancing is not very good and she has problems walking up slopes.  To her the walk up Arthur's seat was so tough that she was crying all the way up. My husband had to hold her hand from time to time to give her some support.

At the top, I asked my niece why she was so keen to go to the Eiffel Tower (we visited Paris in June). She said because it has a lift. I said "no, you can get in a lift in Hong Kong for as many times as you want. You want to go up the Eiffel Tower because you want to see things afar. If you had not climbed up today, you would never be able to see this beautiful scenery."

The view from Arthur's Seat

After Edinburgh, we continued south to Newcastle where we had booked a hotel for a night. Enroute, we had a few stops at interesting towns and places.

Berwick-Upon-Tweed

Causeway to Holy Island (submerged). It was high tide when we got there and we did not have time to wait till low tide to get to the island.

Morpeth

Clock Tower, Morpeth

By the time we got to Newcastle, it was all dark. Anyway we did not plan to spend time in Newcastle at all.

大神点评(1)

漂零 2013-3-3 21:13:39 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
我擦!我要沙发!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作