找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

Food nightmare

ceciliachiu 2012-5-8 08:56:47 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
28 October 2011 Friday, Day 16

The physiotherapist asked what I would like to achieve. I told her I wanted to be able to change myself, to wash my back and to work on the computer again. I could not shower as the brace needs to stay dry. I could wash my whole body using a towel except for the back where I could hardly reach. As the hospital gown is fastened and tied at the back, I could not manage to change myself. To make sure that I looked decent 整潔, I still needed the help of a nurse. The physiotherapist replied that the occupational therapists would sort these out for me. It seemed I was barking up the wrong tree 錯找對象.

She worked out a list of exercises I would have to do which should start on Monday. They are not hard but most are pretty boring as I am never and will never be a gym person.

A speech pathologist came in the morning and told me I was still on a soft diet. That was strange because I had been choosing my own meals since I had moved to the Launceston General Hospital. I thought the menus given to me in the last few days might have been soft diet menus and I had not paid notice. She gave me a hard biscuit to chew and I could feel the bones in my skull moving. Hence, we settled that we would keep the soft diet menu for a few more days.  She changed the food I had chosen right away without my knowledge. I had the same dishes for both lunch and dinner and thus I did not bother having my dinner.  Fortunately, a friend made me two sesame buns and I had one for dinner instead. (Note: In the hospital, patients have to inform the kitchen a day before what they would like for breakfast, lunch and dinner.)

I called Grace. She was thinking about going to a hospital in Sydney to be close to her sister rather than moving to Launceston. That is understandable. With her throat problem, she could only have liquid food or soft food, which could be awful. Her sister will certainly prepare better food for her, such as Chinese long-boiled soup. A good diet is important for recovery.  

Sorry.  When it comes to food, I am culturally biased.  Chinese and Asian food is the best.

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作