请选择 进入手机版 | 继续访问电脑版
 找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

Life isn't bad in hospital

ceciliachiu 2012-4-30 09:54:15 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚

20 October 2011 Thursday, Day 8  

It was another day of lying, gazing at 凝望 the ceiling, sleeping, waiting to be fed, waiting to be served.   Life isn’t that bad in a hospital.  

They had been listening to my lungs and always found it quiet. They gave me a breathing trainer.  It is a clear plastic, thin rectangular block with a tube attached. Inside the block, there is a smiley and I had to blow hard into the tube to keep the smiley floating.  I was instructed to use the trainer a few times a day.  They put the trainer on top of the bedside drawers.  However, with my vision restricted to only the ceiling area, out of sight, out of mind and anyway I could not reach it. As I had cracked ribs and bruised 瘀傷 lungs, I was not that keen either.

The hospital staff fitted a cervical (neck) brace on Grace. She had a lot of pain with it.  They had to take it off.

My brace is heavy. Even though I was lying all the time, I got very sore neck, shoulders and back from it. To make it easier for me to fall asleep, I had very strong painkiller to numb 麻痹 the pain before bed and asked for more whenever the pain stroke again during the night.                       

大神点评(2)

majiazhou 2012-4-30 12:01:35 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国天津
God bless you
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ceciliachiu 楼主 2012-4-30 12:02:48 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
majiazhou 发表于 2012-4-30 12:01
God bless you

Thanks.  The accident was more than half a year ago.  I am still on the way to recovery but am feeling a lot better than in those days.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作