找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

To eat or not to eat

ceciliachiu 2012-4-25 11:56:02 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
                                16 October 2011 Sunday, Day 4

Sandy, Gilbert and Rebecca went to Mount Wellington and it was snowing while they were there.  They spent most of their time in the hospital yesterday which I felt bad.  As they made this long journey from Hong Kong to Tasmania, they should be sightseeing.  Grace and I were in good hands and well cared for at the hospital.  So, they should spend more time on themselves.

A nurse asked if I felt hungry.   I had been on a drip 打点滴 and had not had any food for four days but I was not hungry.  However, it was important to re-activate my stomach and bowel 肠; so I said I would try.  They gave me sandwiches.  At the first bite, I could feel the fractured 断裂的 bits and pieces in my skull 头骨 moving (I have a fractured skull). There was no pain but it was not something I would expect. I told the nurse I would not eat further.  She thus changed everything to pureed 打成泥 and minced meal.  This began my week long awful 噁心的 diet. Everything served on the plate looked like a scoop of ice cream. The round orange ball is probably pureed carrots; the cream one, potato; the brown one, meat of some sort.  They even pureed broccoli. It would have been nice if they were all ice cream. I normally had a spoonful or two and that was it.   

Mark came and took Rebecca back to Launceston as she had to catch the flight to Sydney on Monday.  

Postscript 后语: A dear friend of mine had an even worst traffic accident more than twenty years ago in California.  She remembers “drinking" a pureed hamburger through a straw while her jaw was wired shut when she was in the hospital. In comparison, the diet I had was not too bad.                       

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作