找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

前几天被撞的女孩子得到了深刻的教训

Mao 2008-9-13 20:52:29 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
2.jpg

Lucky . . . Audrey Clarkson, left, and Kara Kollo-Hay say they are slowing down after surviving being struck by a car in Macquarie St last Saturday. Picture LEIGH WINBURN

Girls on run take hard lesson to heart

LINDA SMITH

September 13, 2008 12:00am
TWO 12-YEAR-OLD girls hit by a car in Hobart's CBD say they were stupid to risk their lives and are warning others to learn from their mistake.

Best friends Kara Kollo-Hay and Audrey Clarkson know they are lucky to be alive after they ran across Macquarie St against the lights and were hit by a Holden Commodore last Saturday.

They approached the Mercury yesterday to tell their story. They say they have learnt their lesson and want to apologise to the driver of the car and thank everyone who helped them at the crash scene.

They also want to warn Tasmanians to take road safety seriously.

The girls had been walking to the bus stop after a day of school-holiday shopping.

Eager to meet friends, they rushed across the road at the lights near Franklin Square.

"When we started walking we had a green light but we got half-way and the light went red," said Kara, who lives at West Moonah and is in Grade 6 at Bowen Road Primary School.

"We were in a bit of a rush because we had to catch the bus. We hesitated for a few seconds and then we decided to cross."

As they ran in front of the traffic, the lights turned green. The cars in the first two lanes saw the girls and waited, but the car driving along Macquarie St in the far lane didn't see them and hit both girls.

"Out out of the corner of my eye I saw the car but it was too late," said Audrey, who lives in West Hobart and is in Grade 7 at Ogilvie High School.

"It all happened so fast."

From there it was chaos -- people rushed to their aid, two of the girls' friends who witnessed the crash were crying and Audrey and Kara were hurt and in shock.

"It was traumatic," Audrey said.

"All I could think about was that I could have long-term injuries, that I could be paralysed or have brain damage.

"That was definitely the scariest thing.

"We're actually quite scared of crossing the road now, we are definitely going to be more careful."

The girls were taken to hospital but escaped the crash with only cuts and bruises.

They want to apologise to the driver of the car that hit them.

"We just want to say that we're all right and we're sorry for what happened," Kara said.

"If we knew it was going to happen then we wouldn't have run across the road like that.

"If that car had been going any faster . . . it's scary to even think about it.

"You see it happen to other people but you don't think it will happen to you.

"But it can -- and it's real and it's scary."

Audrey added: "People just need to wait -- whatever they are trying to get across the road for is not that important.

"Nothing's worth risking your life for."

大神点评(6)

荷包蛋 2008-9-14 00:12:34 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
吸取教训就好!:L
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

chinak 2008-9-14 00:36:18 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
that is very good
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

lmn1128 2008-9-14 14:32:53 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
read their story on mercury, they are so lucky!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

fenderzhe 2008-9-15 05:49:03 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
lucky girl..............god bless u .............
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Nic 2008-9-15 08:36:48 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国山东青岛
小孩子过马路要小心,压着斑马线,跟着大人后面走
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ellen 2008-9-15 22:57:31 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
HOBART 很少看到斑马线....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies |上传