找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

新闻:Tina的父母亲已抵达Hobart

mddlx9 2009-7-5 14:07:39 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 中国浙江温州
Tragic murder parents fly in

DANIELLE McKAY

July 05, 2009 07:51am

THE grieving parents of student Zhang "Tina" Yu have arrived in Hobart, more than a week after their daughter's murder.

University of Tasmania officials met Mr and Mrs Yu at the airport yesterday morning after their 12-hour flight from Wenzhou, China.
The couple immediately sought details on their 26-year-old daughter's death from Inspector Peter Powell of Hobart CIB.

"Naturally they were seeking answers to what has happened to their daughter," Insp Powell said. "They were very distressed and obviously mourning deeply."

Insp Powell said it was not known how long they would remain in Tasmania.

Ms Yu was very close to her parents, usually calling them twice a week or every day if something exciting was happening, friends said yesterday.

"She was a very good daughter, and they were very good parents," a friend said.

"She was a warm-hearted girl, a best friend. I don't know what I'm going to say to them [Mr and Mrs Yu]. I don't know what I can say, nothing will make them [feel] better."

A family friend told the Sunday Tasmanian Mrs Yu had been so overcome with grief she had lost the strength even to stand late yesterday.

An outpouring of emotion overwhelmed a group of international students who held a memorial for Ms Yu at Salamanca Market yesterday.

More than 1000 people are believed to have signed a memorial banner for the accounting student, and many laid floral tributes in front of a large photograph of her.

Fellow accounting student Wen Zhen, 28, from China, said the banner would be given to Mr and Mrs Yu.

Mr Zhen said it was very heart-warming to see the large number of people taking the time to offer their condolences.

More than 40 international students took part in the memorial, which they hoped would also highlight their concerns about racism in Tasmania.

Although police say the murder was not racially motivated, her death has reinforced countless accounts of racism against international students.

Mr Zhen said international students chose to study in Tasmania because it had a reputation as a safe place.

"We are very scared," he said. "We don't feel safe any more.

"But we hope we can show the Tasmanian and Australian people we want to be treated the same as local people, and we want the Government to help us stop the violence and give us more security."

New Norfolk resident Greg Barker was one of many locals who signed the banner.

Mr Barker said he felt ashamed by the revelations of racism in Tasmania.

"I didn't realise how bad racism actually is in Tasmania," he said. "To think that a lot of their calls for help have gone unanswered by the community is just so sad."

Lord Mayor Rob Valentine said: "We want them [students] to know that they as a community are really welcome here. They are a part of our community and the community will get behind them."

UTAS acting vice-chancellor David Rich said he was deeply moved by the very strong support shown by so many Tasmanians when he visited the memorial.

Professor Rich said UTAS was working with authorities to provide a safe environment for all Tasmanian students.

http://www.themercury.com.au/art ... _tasmania-news.html

大神点评(6)

yyyh5cn 2009-7-5 14:13:12 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
愿余璋的父母多多保重。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

bulekuler 2009-7-5 15:40:29 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
多保重
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

amylee0930 2009-7-6 00:22:47 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国上海
诶,真心是白发人送黑发人啊……