找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

风景 Scotland & England, Day 7-9

ceciliachiu 2012-12-2 22:22:21 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2012-12-2 22:31 编辑

August 16, 2012 (Day 7)

We were back to England again and today was a tour along the Hadrian's Wall. I would call the Hadrian's Wall the great wall of England. Construction started in AD 122 and the wall runs all the way from Bowness on Solway (W) to Wallsend (E). The length of the wall (only 120km) is no comparison to that of the Great Wall of China, the purpose was the same - to defend the country from barbarians in the north.

The start of the Hadrian's Wall Path

110816007-r.jpg
Hadrian's Wall, a World Heritage Site

In Chesters Roman Castle - Kids participating in a role play acting as roman solders in training

110816044-r.jpg
Remains at Chesters Roman Castle

Old Haydon Bridge

Steel Rigg

Cawfields

110816104-r.jpg
Cawfields

It takes about 7 days to walk from one end of the wall to the other.  It took us a day driving leisurely along the wall.

August 16, 2012 (Day 7)

Another day of leisurely drive south to my sister's place, stopping at Cambridge and Colchester.

University of Cambridge

Market Square, Cambridge

Kath Kidston - This shop makes me feel so out. Never heard of it but was told by my friend in HK that school teens are crazy about their products.

Corpus Clock, Taylor Library

River Cam

Punting in Cambridge

Colchester, the oldest recorded Roman town in Britain

Colchester War Memorial

Colchester Castle

Colchester Castle Park

Colchester Castle

August 18, 2012 (Day 9)

This was my husband's second last day in the UK. All we needed to do that day was to have dinner in London with a friend of mine whom I have not seen for more than 10 years. We took a train and then a bus to London, having no particular destination in mind. When the bus passed the Imperial War Museum, my husband suggested we could spend some time there.  As I had not seen this museum before, it would be interesting for me. We ended up spending the whole day there.

Imperial Wall Museum, London

This ends my husband's UK holiday.

大神点评(1)

爱在梦里飞 2013-3-3 21:03:28 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
向楼主学习
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作